* The Montgomery County Extension Council is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic candidate with at least one year of college education to serve as a SUMMER INTERN. Applications are available at the Montgomery County Extension Office or downloaded from www.extension.iastate.edu/montgomery Applications & resumes are due to the Extension Office by close of business March 20. EOE.
* The Clarinda Community Pre-School is currently taking registration applications for the 2017-18 school year.
* West Central Community Action Head Start is now accepting pre-school applications for the 2017-18 school year. For more information call 800-698-5886 or complete an interest survey online at www.westcentralca.org
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 am. Theme today: Rain, Rain.
* Annual Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser from 5-7 pm in Trojan Hall at the Essex Community School for the Essex Child Center. The 3-year old preschool class will sing at 6pm. There will be spaghetti, garlic bread and dessert for a free will donation. For more information call 712-246-2770
* Mills County Public Health Immunization Clinic from 9:30 - 11:30 am at their office in Glenwood.
* Montgomery County Crime Stoppers Fund Raiser SPAGHETTI FEED from 5-7 pm at the Eagle's Lodge in Red Oak. Auction at 6pm. Rock 'n Country at 7pm. Music by Jim Wymore & Friends. Contact for auction items or more information Eagle's Lodge 623-3125; Jim Wymore 826-8026; Richard Thompson 542-8456 or Sheriff's Office 623-5107.
* City of Coin SOUP & PIE SUPPER from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm at the Community Center in Coin for a free-will donation.
* Southwest Iowa Scattered Toms Annual Heritage Banquet for Montgomery and Adams counties. Doors open at 5:30 and dinner is served at 7:00 pm. Tickets can be purchased at the door. The banquet is at the Gold Fair Building in Red Oak. For more information contact Shawn Cooper at 712-370-3572.
* BOOK FAIR at the Villisca Middle School Library Media Center 8am to 8pm.
* Montgomery County Ministerial Fellowship Lenten Lunch at the Red Oak Presbyterian Church 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm. Speaker is Pastor Ricky Rohrig, Sr.
* BOOK FAIR at the Villisca Middle School Library Media Center 8:00 am to 3:45 pm.
* COVER CROP FIELD DAY at Heartland Coop in Randolph hosted by Pheasants & Quail Forever, Green Cover Seed Heartland Coop, Fremont County SWCD and Mills County SWCD. Meal prepared by the Fremont Co. Cattlemen Assoc. Speakers: Colten Catteron - Green Cover Seed; Jeremy Biggs - Precision Ag Business Planning Specialist, and local land owners. TO RSVP, request special accommodations, or for more information call 712-374-2014 Ext 3. RSVP requested by March 9.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Glenwood High School 7am to 2pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the AHSTW High School 8am to 2pm.
* BOOK FAIR at the Villisca Middle School Library Media Center from 8:00 am to 6:45 pm.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Glenwood Resource Visitor's Center 10am to 4pm
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 am. Today's theme: Growing.
* Southwest Iowa Bridal Expo from 10am to 2pm at The Noble Manor (404 E. Coolbaugh) in Red Oak. Call 319-521-0007 to purchase tickets. $5 in advance. $7 Day of Expo.
* Corning Fire Department Community Pancake Supper 4:30 - 7:00 pm at the Corning Community Center for $5. Carry Outs Available. Proceeds for Special Rescue Operation Trailer.
* Essex Fire Rescue Annual Appreciation Supper 5-8 pm at the Fire Station. Fish, Chicken, Fried Potatoes, Coleslaw, Baked Beans, Desserts & Drinks for a free will donation.
* BINGO at the Legion Hall (515 Main St) in Griswold starting at 6:30 pm sponsored by the Griswold Legion Auxiliary. Light refreshments will be available. All proceeds go for local veteran charities and sponsor community activities.
* BINGO at the Emerson Community Building 7pm sponsored by the Emerson Community Club.
* St. John's UCC Youth Group SOUP SUPPER 5-7 pm at the church located 1 mile south of Lyman on Highway 71. They will be serving chili, vegetable beef, and potato soup along with bread, desserts, and a drink for a free will offering.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Red Oak 11:30 am to 5:30 pm.
* Montgomery County Ministerial Fellowship Lenten Lunch 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm at the First Baptist Church in Red Oak. Speaker is Pastor Roger Claxton.
* American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Villisca Community Center 12:00 noon to 6pm.
* Mills County Veterans Benefits Fair 2-7 pm at The American Legion in Glenwood (104 N. Vine) Lots of participants with booths to help veterans. Special presentation for Vietnam Veterans at 6pm.
* St. Patrick Annual Spaghetti Supper 5-7 pm at the St. Patrick Parish Center in Corning. Serving spaghetti, huge salad bar, garlic bread, beverage and desserts. Adults $7, Children 10 and under $4, Preschool Free. Desserts is $1.50 extra.
* Red Oak Public Library Story Time at 10:15 am. Today's theme: Blooming.
* Open House for Heidi Carter from 2-4 pm at the Page County Extension to honor her for 17 years of service to the Extension. There will be cake and punch.
* Lenten Fish Fry at St. Mary's Parish in Red Oak 4-7 pm in the Parish Hall. Adults $8. Children 5-11 $4. Children under 5 are free. The menu is baked or fried Alaskan Pollock, macaroni/cheese, French fries, baked potatoes, and homemade coleslaw. The youth will sell brownie and ice cream dessert. Take out meals are available. there will be a Silent Auction Fundraiser during the Fish Fry.
* Macedonia Fire & Rescue Department ANNUAL STEAK DINNER 5-8 pm. Adults....steak, potato, salad, dinner roll, dessert & drink for $15. Kids 12 and under hot dogs, chips, ice cream, & drink for $5.
* Montgomery County Ministerial Fellowship Lenten Lunch 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm at the 1st UCC Church in Red Oak. Speaker is Pastor Will Brown.
* BINGO at the Emerson Community Building at 7pm sponsored by the Emerson Community Club.
* 6th Annual Good Friday Breakfast at the Montgomery County Family YMCA Multi-Purpose room in Red Oak from 6:30 am to 7:45 am. Pastor Ron Bupp from United Methodist Church in Red Oak will be the featured speaker. Sue Kearn from Red Oak will be performing musical numbers with a breakfast buffet. Please RSVP by Wednesday April 12 at 5pm. Reservations can be made in person at the YMCA or phone 712-623-2161.
* Montgomery County Ministerial Fellowship Lenten Lunch 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Red Oak. All pastors in attendance will speak.
* EASTER EGG HUNT on the Page County Courthouse lawn at 10:30 am. Will be divided into age groups: 3 & under; 4-5; 6-7; and 8-10. In case of rain the Easter Egg Hunt will be held at the Clarinda Lied Center.
To include your event on the KCSI * KOAK Community Calendar,
Submit information at least 2 weeks prior to the event to:
E-Mail: email@example.com /Mail to: KCSI / P.O. Box 465 / Red Oak, Iowa 51566
Attention all vets, Amvets Post 8 of Southwest Iowa is sponsoring a one day tour to the state capital in Des Moines on Wednesday January 18th. Tours will depart from Red Oak, Shenandoah and Clarinda. Tour includes…..round trip transportation to the program at the capital, dinner at the Machine Shed, a visit to the Iowa Veterans cemetary. For more information or to reserve your spot, call Mac at 712-246-2844. Open to all veterans and spouses.
* Red Oak Kiwanis Club meets every Monday at noon at the Pizza Ranch in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
* Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
* Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at the Red Coach in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
*AL-ANON, 12 step program, Tuesday nights at 7 p.m. at Faith Community Church in Red Oak.
* Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
* Alzheimer's Family Support Group meetings the last Wednesday of every month at 2:00 pm at the Good Samaritan Society in Red Oak (201 Alix Avenue). 712-623-3170 or 712-826-9592 for more information.
* CHRIST'S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service.....Open Wednesdays 3pm - 5pm and Thursdays 4pm - 6pm.
* Overeaters Anonymous.......is food a problem for you? Are you suffering from anorexia, bulimia, obesity, and, or compulsive overeating>. Meetings held weekly on Wednesdays from 5-6 pm at the United Methodist Church in Shenandoah (200 Church Street). For more information contact Sara at 712-215-1500.
* Southwest Iowa Caregiver Support Group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 6pm at Westridge Quality Care in Clarinda. Call 712-542-5161 with questions.