- Red Oak Kiwanis Club meets every Monday at noon at the Pizza Ranch in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
- Celebrate Recover, 6:30 pm each Tuesday at the Advent Christian Church . Includes a light supper, music, lessons and small group discussion. For more information, contact Pastor Jeff Eason, program coordinator at the Villisca Advent Christian Church
- Red Oak Eagles BINGO every Tuesday, early bird at 6:30, regular at 7:00
- Red Oak Rotary Club meets every Tuesday at noon to 1pm for lunch and program at Pizza Ranch in Red Oak. Guests always welcome.
- The Red Oak American Legion meets the first Tuesday of each month at 5:30 pm at the Red Oak American Legion in Red Oak. Everyone is invited. 712-542-8452
- The Montgomery County Crime Stoppers meet the first Tuesday of each month at 6:00 pm. at the Red Oak American Legion. Everyone is invited. 712-542-8452
- The Red Oak VFW meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6:30 pm at the Red Oak American Legion. Everyone is invited. 712-542-8452.
- The Shenandoah Eagles Club ( 709 West Thomas) is serving $7.00 meals. Menu varies weekly, check their Facebook page for weekly menu.
- Montgomery County Shooting Sports Club ~ Monthly Meeting ~ 2nd Wednesday of each month, 6:30 pm, Anderson Conservation Building
- CHRIST’S CUPBOARD COMMUNITY FOOD PANTRY is now open for service…..Open Wednesdays 3pm – 5pm and Thursdays 4pm – 6pm.
- Overeaters Anonymous…….is food a problem for you? Are you suffering from anorexia, bulimia, obesity, and, or compulsive overeating>. Meetings held weekly on Wednesdays from 5-6 pm at the United Methodist Church in Shenandoah (200 Church Street). For more information contact Sara at 712-215-1500.
- Over Eaters Anonymous meets every Thursday at 5:30 pm at the 1st Methodist Church in Red Oak.
- BINGO every Thursday at the American Legion Post #88 in Shenandoah (603 Lowell Street) from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Alcohlic Anonymous meetings, every Saturday morning, 10 am to 11 am at the First United Methodist Church in Clarinda, Room 108. Questions, call 712-589-3531. 24 hour hotline, 402-553-5033
- Countrywide Moment of Remembrance COVID MEMORIAL EVENT at 4:30 pm at the First Congregational United Church of Christ in Red Oak (608 E. Reed St.) Everyone is invited. There will be moments of meditation, ringing the bell, and lighting candles.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Essex City Hall (412 Iowa Ave) from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm sponsored by the Essex High School. Please call 712-379-3114 or visit RedCrossBlood.org and enter Trojans to schedule an appointment.
- LENTEN FISH FRY at St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Red Oak (1510 Highland) Adults $8. Children 5-11 $4. Under 5 Free. 5:00 – 7:00 pm. Take outs available.
- Red Oak High School’s Vocal Music Department presents “FAME- THE MUSICAL” at 7:00 pm in the High School Auditorium. Adults $7. Students and children $6. Purchase tickets by calling the Red Oak High School office 712-623-6610 or stopping by the office.
- CHILI COOK-OFF…….11:00 am to 2:00 pm at the Veterans Memorial Museum (603 West Lowell Ave) in Shenandoah sponsored by the VFW & American Legion. Taste & Sample $5 per person. All proceeds go to the Shenandoah Veterans Building.
- City-Wide PINEWOOD DERBY….at the Red Oak Elks Lodge (516 N. 1st). Weigh in starts at 2:00 pm. The race at 4:00 pm. ALL AGES are welcome and you don’t have to be a scout. Registration forms along with cars may be picked up at the Red Oak Elks Lodge or see Kyle at Dickel Duit Outdoor Power….or call 402-689-7270. This is a fundraiser to help pay for the Pinewood Derby track the elks purchased for the Cub Scouts. Sponsored by the Red Oak Cub Scout Pack 80 and the Red Oak Elks Lodge.
- Clarinda A’s Hall of Fame Banquet at the Clarinda High School. Doors open at 5:00 pm. Autographs beginning at 5:30 pm. Dinner will be served at 6:30 pm. MLB Hall of Famer Ozzie Smith and Form MLB All-Star Von Hayes will be in attendance. Tickets are available at the Chamber Office. Contact Rod Eberly at 712-303-9903 for more information.
- All-You-Can-Eat Fish and Chicken Fry at the Emerson American Legion from 5:00 – 7:0-0 pm. Adults $10. Children $5.
- Red Oak High School’s Vocal Music Department presents “Fame – The Musical” at 7:00 pm in the High School Auditorium. Adults $7. Students and Children $6. You can purchase tickets by calling the Red Oak High School Office at 712-623-6610 or stopping by the office.
1. Road Guards at every intersection
2. Packet Stuffing and Distribution
3. Setup at Start and Finish
4. Photographers on the course & start & finish
5. Shuttle Drivers
6. Finish line support/Announcers
7. Clean-up and Tear down
If you are interest, please contact the Shenandoah Chamber at 712-246-3455 or email email@example.com. In Imogene contact race director Becca Castle at 515-210-0269 or email firstname.lastname@example.org[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]PLEASE HELP…The Red Oak Optimist Club is in need of a temporary storage location for their bags of cans until the Redemption Center can take them. Please call 712-621-2838 if you could help. Thank ou.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]August 31 – Monday
- American Red Cross Blood Drive at the Essex City Hall from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm sponsored by the Essex High School Honor Society.
- 14th Annual Trick or Treat on the Trail in Stanton from 3:00 – 5:00 pm. Need groups to pass out candy, candy, hayrack ride helpers. To sign up or for more information contact Jacque Bates at 712-829-2814 or email email@example.com
Due to the increase in Covid-19 cases in Page County, Shenandoah Public Library will resume curbside only service starting Tuesday, November 10.
As conditions warrant, we will reopen to the public Monday, November 23. Curbside pickup is available Monday through Friday 10 am to 6 pm.
To reserve items and arrange curbside pick-up you may: Call 712-246-2315 Through our website catalog / E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.